Taste of the Wild Cat Food Reviews
Are you in search for some Taste of the Wild cat food reviews? Many cat owners are considering this brand for the overall health and wellness of their cats. One of the many reasons for doing so is the promising quality of nutrition that the products offer.
Taste of the Wild crafts pet food for dogs and cats that are free from grains. They focus on offering recipes that have higher meat protein content than the traditional commercial cat food that you can find on the market today.
According to their website, the brand has always been operated and owned by one family. As the pet owners, the founders saw the chances of offering higher quality yet reasonably priced pet food variety that is more essential for the needs of cats. They have created it and has been inspired by the natural diet of the cats while they were in the wild.
Taste of the Wild cat food has been formulated to be free from grains, additives, and other ingredients that can be harmful to your cats. The truth is, they only have two formulas available for your cats and if you want to look short Taste of the Wild cat food reviews, check it out below.
- Taste of the Wild Cat Food Comparison Table
- Important Points to Consider
Taste of the Wild Cat Food Comparison Table
|Taste of the Wild Grain Free High Protein Natural Dry Cat Food - Canyon River||Trout, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, pea protein, potato protein, canola oil, smoked salmon, natural flavor, choline chloride||32%||16%||3%||Click Here|
|Taste of the Wild Grain Free High Protein Natural Wet Canned Stew Cat Food - Canyon River||Trout, Fish Broth, Vegetable Broth, Ocean Whitefish, Dried Egg White, Pea Flour, Modified Potato Starch, Natural Flavor, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes||8%||3%||1.5%||Click Here|
|Taste of the Wild Grain Free High Protein Natural Wet Canned Stew Cat Food - Rocky Mountain||Trout, Fish Broth, Vegetable Broth, Ocean Whitefish, Dried Egg White, Pea Flour, Modified Potato Starch, Natural Flavor, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes||8%||3%||1.5%||Click Here|
|Taste of the Wild Grain Free High Protein Natural Dry Cat Food - Rocky Mountain||Chicken meal, peas, sweet potatoes, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potato protein, roasted venison, smoked salmon, natural flavor, ocean fish meal, methionine||42%||18%||3%||Click Here|
The Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Natural Dry Cat Food – Canyon River is the second formula of the brand that features trout and salmon as the main ingredient. The brand understands the needs of your cats when it comes to boosting their overall health and nutrition. This recipe is crafted to offer optimal amino acid that is necessary to support the immune system of your cats and let them avoid possible sensitivities and other health problems.
This is rich in quality protein, which promotes leaner and stronger muscles. This is an all-natural recipe that features added vitamins and minerals coming from fruits and vegetables. This offers natural antioxidants and a perfect blend of fatty acids that support a healthier skin and coat. Many cat owners are switching to this recipe as it is also highly digestible and comes with proprietary probiotics to aid your cats’ sensitive stomach.
All the ingredients came from sustainable and trusted sources around the world. This is also formulated with no corn, grain, fillers, wheat, and there are no artificial colors, flavors and preservatives added. This ensures the overall health and wellness of your cats.
- Some cats may not want ocean flavors.
- There are cats that would prefer food with more moisture content.
If you are looking for a recipe that offers higher moisture level to support the health of your cats, then the Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Canyon River Wet Cat Food is ideal for you. This features real trout as the main ingredient and comes with a tasty stew that makes your cat craving for more! This comes with superfoods that offer the right level of antioxidants in boosting your cat's immune system and in promoting their overall wellness.
It is rich in nutrients and is highly digestible, so it helps your cats in digesting their meals easily and still get the right nutrition they need from it. It has added prebiotic fiber that makes it safe even for cats with a sensitive stomach. It also has sweet potatoes, blueberries, and raspberries to ensure the overall wellness of your cats.
This is formulated with no grains, corn, wheat, and fillers. There are also no artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives added to it. The recipe has been made to meet advanced food safety protocols and give everything your cats deserve.
The Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Rocky Mountain Formula offers roasted venison and real salmon as the main ingredient and it comes with stew. This offers optimal amino acids that are important for the health of the skin and coat of your cats. Many cat owners are considering this recipe with the hope to offer a meal that is mirrored to the natural diet of their cats.
It offers a high level of protein that promotes stronger and leaner muscles of your cats. It is an all natural food that comes with added vitamins and minerals. It offers natural antioxidants coming from fruits and vegetables used and help to boosts their immune system. This is important for them to easily fight off sensitivities and let your cats reach an ideal body condition.
This is formulated with no corns, grains, filler, wheat, and any other artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. This is rich in nutrients and is highly digestible. It has added prebiotic fiber that makes it ideal even for cats with a sensitive stomach. This also prevents the development of hairballs and help cats to have a better metabolism.
The Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Natural Dry Cat Food – Rocky Mountain is a natural cat food that has added vitamins and minerals, including quality fruits and vegetables as superfoods. This gives out natural antioxidants that help boost the immune system of your cats and let them easily fight off different sensitivities.
It has the perfect blend of fatty acids that are important to support a healthy skin and coat of your cats and avoid shedding. All their ingredients are sourced from trusted, and sustainable sources around the world. This is recipe is crafted with no grains, corns, filler, wheat and artificial colors, preservatives, and flavors. This is an all-natural recipe that will surely fit your cats’ needs.
This recipe is rich in nutrients with proprietary probiotics that are highly digestible. This can help your cats to have a healthy GI tract thus promoting a longer and happier life. This recipe offers roasted venison and smoked salmon as the main ingredients. It also comes with peas and sweet potatoes that gives an extra level of energy
- It has added vitamins and minerals.
- It is rich in antioxidants for a healthier immune system.
- It has a good fatty acid blend to support skin and coat.
- It is rich with proprietary probiotics for proper digestion.
- Some cats won’t eat this recipe.
- There are cats that may need extra moisture.
Important Points to Consider
The brand has been popular on the market because of the quality of the recipes they offer. They are formulating meals that are based on the natural diets of your cat while they were in the wild. Their products are ideal especially for cat owners that are very conscious of what their cats are getting.
Aside from that, there are other things that you need to know about the brand.
- Grain-Free: All the cat food recipes of Taste of the Wild do not come with grains. It is free from preservatives, fillers, and any other additives that can be the common cause of your cats’ health problems and allergies. After all, cats would only eat minimal amounts of carbohydrates in the wild.
- Made in the USA: The pet food offered by the brand is proudly made in the USA. They have four facilities around the USA and is used to manufacture the highest quality of recipes. This gives assurance to their consumers that they follow the strictest standards.
- Reasonable Price: The main goal of the founders is to help cat owners in providing the right quality of meal for their cats. The recipes are being labeled as premium, but the best thing that many cat owners love about it is that it is available at a reasonable price that can easily fit their budget.
- Meat-based recipes: The Taste in the Wild is among the several cat food brands that totally believe about the great needs of cats in eating meals that offer a high level of protein. All of the recipes formulated by the company comes with meat-based ingredients to ensure the right level of protein that your cats will have from it. This satisfies the inner mountain lion cravings within their mind and body.
- Probiotics: We all know that some cats have sensitive stomachs and Taste of the Wild makes sure that they will help you with this problem. They are adding probiotics to their recipes which helps your cats with proper digestion and avoid the risk of having hairballs. This is important to also promote proper metabolism and avoid having smelly cat poop.
- Meeting Strict Quality Tests: To ensure that they are serving safe and quality meals, the brand makes sure that their products undergo different tests including water purification, mycotoxin control, air quality control, on-site product testing, and microbial testing.
- Overall, the Taste of the Wild is really a great brand and can offer high quality of cat food that you may prefer to offer for your own cats. Make sure to check the comments of other consumers and be guided.
Taste of the Wild History
The Taste of the Wild is currently owned by Diamond Pet Food and is based in Meta, Missouri. They have five manufacturing facilities that are in northern and central California, Missouri, Arkansas, and South Carolina. The Diamond Pet Food is founded in 1970 and is marketing Taste of the Wild products to be an affordable premium cat food.
As mentioned on their site, the brand claims to be one of the fastest-growing pet food brands on the market and believes that every cat totally deserves the right level of nutrition they need and that pet owners deserve to get it for a reasonable price. They also said that they would not be making cat food products that they would not personally feed to their own cats.
The Taste of the Wild has been formulated to offer complete nutrition intended for cats and is available with a taste that their inner mountain lion would crave for. The best part of this is that it is being offered for a price that won’t break the bank! This is also rated by CatFoodDb as among the average cat food brands on the market.
This is the standard that the brand followed over the years, and they are happy to share it with the world. There are many satisfied pet owners all over the world that are using their products and because of the quality of ingredients and formula, they help to promote healthy cats that eventually lead for them to have happy life.
Taste of the Wild Food Recalls
The Diamond Pet Food Company had their first recall when numerous products were questioned because of the possible contamination of Aflatoxins and Salmonella. This has been settled through several court cases because of the many complaints from pet owners. Their second recall was in 2012.
The Taste of the Wild is among the brands that received a recall on the said year alongside Solid Gold Wolf King, Canidae, and Kirkland. Aside from that, there are still no other recalls about the brand and they continue to market their products, especially that it is highly recommended by many consumers today.
If they can maintain the good background of their brand, it won’t be a surprise for them to get more sales. However, offering new recipes of cat food can be a great strategy for future marketing of their brand as they currently focus on dog nutrition and have more dog food products available.
Ingredients and Allergens
The key thing to note is that all Taste of the Wild food formulas are 100% grain free, which is a rare occurrence among cat food producers.
The carbohydrates in these formulas primarily come from sweet potatoes and potatoes, too. These carbohydrates are friendly and help balance out the food’s consistency. Although your cat has little use for carbohydrates, it is better than having nasty fillers instead.
High quality protein meat or meat meal is always the primary ingredient in all Taste of the Wild cat food. There are several different fruits included in Taste of the Wild cat food too, such as blueberries, cranberries and raspberries. Their cat food formulas also contain plenty of active cultures and friendly bacteria, which are added to help promote good digestion. There are no artificial preservatives in any of the formulas.
From Pawsome Kitty’s analysis of the ingredients, there does not appear to be any corn, wheat or soy ingredients in any of the Taste of the Wild cat food formulas, which are the three most common allergens in cats. Some cat owners seem to have good results when using Taste of the Wild cat food as a formula for cats with allergies, which is something the company prides itself on.
The Importance of Probiotics on Taste of the Wild Recipes
When you are checking the ingredients list of the recipes from different Taste of the Wild cat food reviews, you’ll surely see that they are proud to have probiotics added to it. The probiotics are beneficial bacteria that are very important in maintaining the overall digestive health of your cats. This also supports a healthy immune system by keeping potentially harmful bacteria away.
The probiotics help to break down the food and let your cats absorb the nutrients efficiently. We all know that many cats are suffering from sensitive stomachs or the production of hairballs, and this added ingredient helps them to easily get rid of that and eventually improve their digestion.
According to the site, about 70% of a cat's immune system consists of the GI tract giving the impression that the overall digestive health is important to them. Every formula from the brand comes with probiotics that are developed specifically for their needs. Aside from that, it offers more benefits such as the following:
- Species-Specific Strains: The K9 strain and viable probiotics added to the probiotic bacteria can help promote the GI tracts of cats of all breeds.
- Guaranteed Viability: For the probiotics to be beneficial to your cats, it should be active and viable. Thus, the probiotics are added to the recipes after the cooking process to avoid killing the beneficial bacteria. According to the site, their products offer eighty (80) million live and active bacterial cultures that help in keeping the immune system and digestive tract healthy.
- Stringent Purification: All the recipes of the brand are being processed under strict quality and safety standards. The K9 strain and viable probiotics of the company help guarantee that their products are free from any harmful pathogens and any other contaminants that can eventually trigger more health problems with your cats.
The Round Up
Taste of the Wild is one of the trusted brands on the market when it comes to manufacturing high-quality and nutritious recipes. They specifically promote their products to be like the natural diet of the cats while they were in the wild. Most Taste of the Wild cat food reviews are positive and guarantee the overall result that your cats will get from it.