10 Interesting Facts about Your Cats Tongue
I walked through the door from work the other day and my little Kitty run up to me and in her usual fashion she started rubbing herself against me. Usually, I have no problem with this but on his one occasion for some reason she happened to lick my ankle. The feeling was nothing like the cuddly pet I have always known her to be. It was rough and quite unpleasant.
It got me thinking, I know a lot about my fur ball and what she should and shouldn’t eat and how to keep her healthy and clean but how much do you know about a cat’s tongue? When I tried to find out, I was amazed.
- Countdown of the Cat Tongue Facts!
- 1. Cats have rough tongues
- 2. It is the perfect tool for grooming
- 3. Cats cannot taste sweet and salty things
- 4. A cat’s tongue is a live thermometer
- 5. Cat’s taking a drink is magical!
- 6. The tongue is a cooling fan!
- 7. It sucks fur into the digestive system
- 8. Tongue colour says a lot about your pet
- 9. A cat’s tongue can tell how much she loves you
- 10. Rips meat from bones
Countdown of the Cat Tongue Facts!
If you are always looking to know and understand your pet better, knowing more about their anatomy and one of their most important organ (the tongue) definitely counts. I’m very happy I got that rough lick from my cat. I would never have appreciated how important the tongue is to cats.