Best Wet Cat Food for Weight Loss
Obesity is a common problem to many people, but it can affect our cats as well. Lack of exercise, activities and unhealthy habits may contribute for our cats to become unreasonably heavy. It is not something you should laugh about, as it can be serious.
It hinders the mobility of your cat, and they would not be able to do common activities they love. It greatly affects their life and health so, do your cat the best favor and help them to find ways in losing weight. It will not be easy, but you are the one who’ll create a perfect plan that can make things possible.
No cat can be overweight if they are eating right, as stated by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM. That’s why the first step to do is find the best wet cat food for weight loss that they can try out. It may come with the right and balanced nutrition that your cat needs to get started in losing those extra pounds.
- Wet Cat Food for Weight Loss Comparison Table
- Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Ultra Light Loaf In Sauce canned cat food
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Liver and Chicken Entree Minced Cat Food
- Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Canned Cat Food
- Purina Pro Plan Wet Cat Food
- Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food
- Best Feline Friend Grain-Free Wet Cat Food Cans
- "I and love and you", All Natural Canned Cat Food
- NUTRO MAX Wet Cat Food
- NUTRO Specialized Care Adult Dry Cat Food
- Solid Gold Holistic Grain Free Weight Control Cat Food
- Important Points to Consider
- Dangers of Obesity in Your Cat
Wet Cat Food for Weight Loss Comparison Table
|Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Ultra Light Loaf In Sauce canned cat food||Water sufficient for processing, pork by-products, chicken liver, chicken, gelatin, wheat gluten, rice flour||9.8%||1%||2%||Click Here|
|Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Liver and Chicken Entree Minced Cat Food||Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Chicken, Powdered Cellulose, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch||36.7%||15%||7%||Click Here|
|Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Canned Cat Food||Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Salmon, Duck, Brown Rice, Chicken Meal||8.5%||7%||2%||Click Here|
|Purina Pro Plan Wet Cat Food||Water Sufficient for Processing, Turkey, Liver, Wheat Gluten, Meat By-Products, Rice, Soy Flour||12%||2%||5.5%||Click Here|
|Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food||Turkey, Chicken Liver, Turkey Broth, Chicken, Chicken Meal, Herring, Natural Flavor||12%||7.5%||1%||Click Here|
|Best Feline Friend Grain-Free Wet Cat Food Cans||Tuna, Water Sufficient For Processing Balance, Bonito, Sunflower Seed Oil, Locust Bean, Guar Gum, Carrageenan||12%||2%||0.2%||Click Here|
|"I and love and you", All Natural Canned Cat Food||Rabbit, beef broth, beef liver, cranberries, spinach, tricalcium phosphate, carrots||10%||4%||0.75%||"Click Here|
|NUTRO MAX Wet Cat Food||Turkey Broth, Chicken Liver, Beef Liver, Turkey, Chicken, Cod, Ground Rice||8.5%||3%||2%||Click Here|
Nutritional needs of your cat are the most important. With the help of Feline Health Nutrition, achieving it would not be hard anymore. The wet canned formulas are designed to provide the nutritional needs of your cat and meet their taste preferences as well.
This would be able to complement the use of dry cat foods and it has been proven to be effective for many cats out there. It is greatly recommended for adult cats and influences long-term dietary satisfaction.
- It comes with high protein content for muscle mass.
- It is recommended for adult cats.
- It is designed for the dietary satisfaction of your cat.
- It offers a natural and simpler way to lose your cat’s weight.
- The price can be expensive compared to other brands.
- There are cats that encounter diarrhea from this.
A wet food diet is a common recommendation for cats that are suffering from obesity. It gives them another chance to lose weight and possibly restrict themselves n eating a lot. Wet cat food was proven to help reduce diabetes and obesity in cats.
The Hill’s Science Diet Adult Light canned cat food is one of the perfect choices you have today. It has low calories, but with high levels of natural fiber to keep your cat full the whole day. It is ideal so you can properly schedule the meal times of your cat and follow a stricter diet to reach your goal.
It offers your cat the taste of chicken and liver while keeping up their diet. It completes the nutrients needed to achieve optimum health with low fat and low-calorie formula. The high fiber can also control hunger between meals.
- It comes with reduced calories and helps in losing weight.
- There are high levels of natural fiber added to control hunger between meals.
- The taste is appetizing and would satisfy your cat.
- It has low fat and low-calorie formula.
- There are cases of cats suffering from diarrhea from using it.
- There are also cats that may have allergies to the ingredients used.
Whether your cat is less active, overweight and is getting older, the Natural Balance Original Ultra White Body Health can be a great option to consider. This forum is specially designed to fit the needs of your cats. It comes with a reduced calorie formula that would help your cats in getting the best quality of nutrients their body would need.
This is made with ingredients such as salmon, chicken, and duck. It can make them stronger, healthy and happy as well. It offers a complete diet for all breeds of adult cats. It is hard for them to maintain their sense of smell and taste buds as they grow older and because of the appetizing taste of this wet food, it becomes a lot easier.
There is no artificial flavor added, no preservatives and no colors. This is completely natural with rich vitamins and nutrients that could sustain everything you need for your cat today! Everything is balanced and on top of it, it is gluten-free.
- It has reduced calories to help a cat lose weight.
- It was made with natural fibers from vegetable and grain sources.
- It supports healthy weight and maintains the muscle gain.
- It doesn’t come with any preservatives and artificial flavors.
- There are cases of unusual smell from the product.
- If your cat is picky, they may not find this appetizing.
Pro Plan Focus is carefully designed to provide extra care nutrition for specific needs of your cats. When your cat is obese, they can be lazy, sleepy and not interested in doing usual activities. They are not at their best, and it can be worrisome.
We all know that we want to bring out the greatness of our cats and with this canned cat food, it helps your cat to be active, gets the nutrition they need and improve their behavior. Whatever the age, size, or breed of your cat, it nurtures them with a complete nutrition.
It is made with real turkey that was complement with rice and offers balance protein level to help a cat in losing extra pounds. It can help to also support healthier immune system, especially as your cat grows older.
- It provides extra care nutrition for your cat’s specific needs.
- It is made with high protein level to lose fat.
- It promotes the healthier immune system.
- It can cause diarrhea in some cats.
When you ask your veterinarian, they would recommend looking for wet cat food that has a grain-free label on it. The Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Wet Cat Food is a formula that comes with complete protein nutrients to balance the needs of your cat. It can be an option to consider on your list.
It was made with chicken, real turkey, and herring with added DHA that would be able to support healthier eye and brain development. This is greatly recommended not only for adults but for a kitten as well. They have to start young in keeping a strict diet to avoid being overweight.
- It is gain free product that helps to avoid intestinal irritation and diarrhea.
- It is made with all natural ingredients.
- It contains a high level of protein that is ideal for all cats.
- It helps to lose weight and follow a specific diet plan.
- There are cats that don’t like the smell of this.
If you are trying to let your cat lose weight, the first step is to invest wet cat food that is made with all natural ingredients. Dry cat foods would often have by-products that cause problems to your cats, while wet cat food is all natural and safe to consider. If you are looking for a reliable and budget-friendly wet cat food, then you can consider Best Feline Friend B. F. F. Grain Free Wet Cat Food.
The Best Feline Friend B. F. F. Grain Free Wet Cat Food comes with natural ingredients, grain free, GMO-free, gluten-free and also MSG free. It is a common option you’d like to try out to change the diet of your cat and help them in losing weight accordingly.
It is a family owned business and known to be made with human food. It is greatly monitored and controlled under superior safety standards facilities. It comes with high level of protein and offers red meat tuna, fresh toppers chicken, pumpkin, and shrimp.
- It is available in cans and pouches.
- It offers high quality of proteins with best ingredients.
- It was packed with low in fat and high in palatability.
- It is a balanced and complete meal to satisfy your feline needs.
- It can be very wet or saucy.
It can be overwhelming to find a lot of brands, but you can just try out another wet canned food for your needs! I and Love and You All Natural Canned Cat Food is made with high quality of fruits, vegetables, and meat. It is a protein-packed cat food that would surely love your furry friends in the house.
The real meat is one of the top ingredients used and offers tasty flavor and high protein to be savored any time of the day. It is grain free and just perfects to a strict diet that your cat would need today. Aside from that, there’s also real vegetables and fruits added.
Some of the ingredients used include carrots, cranberries, and spinach. It offers effective, quality vitamins, antioxidants and minerals to fit the need of your cats. Also, cranberries can help to maintain the urinary tract of cats, especially as they start to grow older.
- It is grain free.
- The first ingredient is meat.
- It is very gentle on your cat’s tummy.
- There are no additives and fillers.
- There are cats that can be allergic to the fruits and vegetables added.
- It might cause problems with the coat of your cats.
Having lite cat food doesn’t need to be boring. The Nutro MAX Lite Wet Cat Food is made with the best quality of real turkey, chicken protein and natural ingredients that achieve a very delicious taste for your cats. It is a 100% natural cat food that could help, not only in maintaining a healthy body, but also avoid them to be obese.
There are 15% fewer calories added and it contains natural ingredients that bring minerals, vitamins and other nutrients that can balanced nutrition and complete the needs of overweight and less active cats. This is also slow-cooked in broth to offer and guarantee great taste for your cats.
If you are trying to lose extra pounds for your cats, then trying this out can be a great start. It makes your cat feel full and avoid asking for some treats that can be the reason for their obesity. It gives them the energy to do activities and has a well-balanced life.
- It comes with 100% natural ingredients.
- It is ideal for owners who’d like their cat to lose weight easily.
- It offers a great taste out of chicken and turkey.
- It comes with high level of protein to keep your cats active.
- Picky cats do not want to eat it.
- Some cats experienced diarrhea and intestinal issues from it.
This is yet another Nutro Company that produces among the best diet cat food. The brand uses all natural ingredients to produce their quality cat food. The food is designed to taste great, and its nutrition levels are through the roof. Additionally, the foods are supplemented with minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants which are designed to support your cat’s body and health.
The first ingredient of this diet cat food is farm-raised chicken and Brown rise. When you serve this food, you should be ready to hear your cute and furry feline purr.
This food is designed to support a healthy coat and skin. The balanced nutrition is perfect for adult cats which work to support a strong immune system as well as healthy digestion.
This food is designed to support a healthy coat and skin. The balanced nutrition is perfect for adult cats which work to support a strong immune system as well as healthy digestion.
- Contains farm raised chicken.
- Supplemented with minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients.
- Have no preservatives or chicken by-product.
- Does have a strong smell.
Though it may not be the most common pet food brand, the company is dedicated to providing high-quality holistic diets for both cats and dogs. The company was formed back in 1974.
The food is perfect for mature, overweight and mostly less active cats. It is gluten and grain free. It has been formulated with about 20 superfoods rich in nutrients including cranberries, pumpkin, carrots, almond oil, lentils, and broccoli.
Also noteworthy is that the food contains fresh caught Alaskan Pollock formula designed to support the weight loss process and maintain a healthy weight. There isn’t wheat, soy, corn, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. With this diet food, you are guaranteed in quality and effectiveness.
- Contains healthy fasts.
- Has no by-product meals.
- Is free of gluten and grain.
- May contain an ingredient your cat is allergic to.
Important Points to Consider
Helping your cat to lose weight can be challenging enough, and starting with the right wet cat food can be a perfect choice to do. It gives them a proper diet that could get rid of their extra pounds in no time. However, we need to make sure that the best wet cat food for weight loss is the one we have in the house. To make that possible, here are some things to look for:
- Core Ingredients: It is important to check the ingredients used on the product. It is advisable to focus on the first five ingredients. Cats would need protein, so you can look for those made with meat and chicken.
- Recommended Servings: There are different recommended servings depending on the wet cat food you’ll purchase. You have to check and make sure that it is ideal and perfect for the needs of your cat.
- Storage Instructions: Wet cat food may have specific storage instructions. This is not recommended to be stored at an extreme temperature and should be consumed once opened. You have to check and get a wet cat food that can be enough for your cat and avoid wasting it.
- Balanced Diet: The wet cat food you have to purchase should complement the balanced diet that you are planning. It is important, so you can maintain the right amount of protein and calories that your cat would have.
- Other People’s Recommendations: If you got some friends who also have cats, then you can gladly ask for their recommendations. You may want to pay a visit to your veterinarian for better options and comparison on the right cat food you should get.
Dangers of Obesity in Your Cat
As a cat parent, how do you tell if your cat is just fat but healthy and plain out obese? Well, obesity is explained by professionals as having a body weight that is 20% above the normal cat weight for your cat’s breed. No Best Diet Cat Foodsw aside from weighing your cat, looking at your cat’s body can help you make this determination. For this, you will have to view your cat from its side. For a normal cat, you should see its waistline and its tummy tuck. Additionally, in the event the ribs are not visible, you should feel them through the thin, fat layer.
If your cat is overweight, it will not have a defined waistline, and its stomach will be bulging out and sagging downwards. If when your cat is walking, you can notice a wobble in the layer of fat around it, then it is likely overweight. For obesity, the waistline on your cat is absent, the stomach is bulged and sags downwards, and the ribs cannot be felt through the thick layer of skin.
Obesity will negatively impact your cat’s mobility as well as health. If your cat is obese, it is more susceptible to developing diabetes type 2, fatty liver disease, heart disease and arthritis. Additionally, your cat will have a reduced anesthesia tolerance. And even more seriously, your obese cat may have a significantly reduced life expectancy. With all the health problems it will be experiencing, the reduced life expectancy is expected.
What are the Factors Contributing to Your Cat’s Obesity?
According to Kitty Catter, there could be various reasons behind the obesity of your cat, and the most common is overfeeding. Lack of knowledge on the right serving of cat would only result in two things – your cat being overweight or malnourished. It is our responsibility to make sure that we are giving the right serving of food to our cats, so they can gain the nutrients they need.
We are also fond of giving them treats whenever they do something good, and it can be too much. As they grow older, cats do not need by-product meals, additives, and preservatives. It can make them sicker. You have to invest in a meal that is healthier and ideal for their size, breed, and age.
Another is lack of activity. To be honest, cats can be lazy at times and would not bulge in one corner if they wish to. This could possibly happen if you are spoiling them, or not doing activities with them. Our cats would do whatever we trained them to do, and it can help us save money from getting best wet cat food for weight loss.
You can invest in toys, scratching posts, and other things that could keep them busy the whole day. You can walk around with them or also try different activities. It can make them stronger, healthy and happy as well.
Ways to Help your Cat Lose Weight
Reducing the amount your cat feeds on or even switching to a low-calorie diet will help. While reducing the amount of food your cat eats, you should ensure that the food is out of your cat’s sight and reach. If need be, break down your cat’s feeding portions down to 2 feedings.
If you decide a low-calorie diet is the best route to take, you might have the luxury of feeding your cat with the same amount of food, only with lower calories. When feeding your cat a low-calorie diet, it is recommended that you split the food into three feedings or even more to help in controlling your cat's hunger.
In addition to making dietary changes, you should also consider exercising. This does not mean you start forcing your obese cat to run, but rather indulge it in some simple movements to help burn calories. The lighter your cat gets, the more it will able to do. In this light, cat safety harnesses will come in handy especially if you decide to take your cat for a walk.
The Round Up
No one said it was easy, but your cat would not do it without you. With the help of best wet cat food for weight loss, you can get started on following a diet plan for your cats. It gives you another chance to lose those extra pounds, making them a happy and loveable cat they used to be!