Best Outdoor Cat House
Cats can be independent and may wish to stay wherever they want. Yes, it is a common trait that you’ll notice in them. Outdoor cats don’t need attention from humans when it comes to their shelter and food. For your cats, their home is where they feel most comfortable. It is important to help them feel cozy and safe with the best outdoor cat house.
The best outdoor cat house may be different from other pets as they love warmth. They are quite sensitive to temperature and can become uncomfortable to a sudden change of weather, especially during winter. It can make a big difference to have a cat town built in as it provides extra comfort and playtime for your pets.
An outside cat house should have proper insulation that keeps your cats warm on winter season and even on freezing nights. It helps in keeping cold air and gives body heat. They can be vulnerable and can develop different health problems during these times. Make sure to invest and get the right outdoor house for them, to avoid worries during harsh winter weather.
Luckily, there are simple things that you can do to make them feel safe and warm. You can provide the right food, water, and shelter. Wood is the best material to consider when it comes to the an outdoor cat house. It is durable and can last longer. However, it can be expensive. If you want a more budget-friendly outdoor cat house, you can also search for those made of polyester, cardboard, or plastic. For more information, here are the top outdoor cat houses that you can check out.
- Outdoor Cat House Comparison Table
- Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House with Custom Pet Pillow
- Pawhut 2-Story Indoor/Outdoor Wood Cat House Shelter
- K&H Pet Products Outdoor Kitty House (Heated & Unheated)
- Petmate Kitty Kat Condo
- Meowfia Premium Cat Bed Cave
- Curious Cat House
- Petsfit 2-Story Outdoor Weatherproof Cat House
- Important Points to Consider
Outdoor Cat House Comparison Table
|Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House with Custom Pet Pillow||Post consumer recycled content||Yes||24 x 24 x 23 inches||18.4 lb||Click Here|
|Pawhut 2-Story Indoor/Outdoor Wood Cat House Shelter||Fir Wood||No||28.75 x 20.5 x 25.75 inches||17 lb||Click Here|
|K&H Pet Products Outdoor Kitty House (Heated & Unheated)||Polyester||Yes||22 x 17 x 18 inches||4.8 lb||Click Here|
|Petmate Kitty Kat Condo||Structural Foam||Yes||26 x 25.3 x 18.5 inches||18 lb||Click Here|
|Petsfit 2-Story Outdoor Weatherproof Cat House||Cedar Wood||No||30 x 22 x 29 inches||32.5 lb||Click Here|
The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Cat House is a guaranteed safe and perfect cat house that you may want to consider as your cats’ house. It is simply the highest quality and best-insulated cat house as the company claims. It comes with a removable clear flap door and it is safe for your cats.
The door is unique and can protect your cats from predators. This cat house passed the standard of Alley Cat Allies and Feral Fixers, so you can be assured of its safety. It comes with a custom machine-washable pet bed that you can put on the fully insulated floor.
This will stay cool during the summer season and keep your cats warm on the winter season. It is a great investment that all cat owners should have. This can be adjusted and set up easily anywhere in the house, so it is not hard for you to use it.
- It comes with insulated floors.
- It lets your cats stay safe from predators.
- It is cool on summers and warm on winters and is easy to assemble.
- The door is too narrow for large cats.
The Pawhut 2-Storey Outdoor Cat House can be a perfect choice for all cats and can be put inside or outside of your house. It comes with a roof and weatherproof finish, so you are not going to have problems in protecting your cats and keeping them warm. It comes with an indoor lounge, accessible stairs, and a rooftop that your cats will enjoy.
It can be a great outdoor shelter for your cats and it can fit one to two of them perfectly. It is very easy to assemble, and it is not going to be hard for you to put it in area that you want. It is made of wood and is sturdy enough to withstand extreme weather condition.
It comes with a very classic design that can complement the theme of your house. Your cats will find it very accommodating and they can stay in here anytime they want.
- It is weatherproof. and includes an indoor lounge, with a balcony for your cats.
- It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor cats.
- It is durable and lightweight.
- There are no toys available for your cats.
The K&H Manufacturing Outdoor Kitty House is a budget-friendly option that is made of polyester. This is as durable and as sturdy as wood, but it is weather and water-resistant. It is convenient for cat owners that would like a simple but accommodating kitty house outside that would help their cats in getting the warmth they need.
This is a great house that you can place on your porch or even in the garage. This is recommended for cat owners that are living in a cold place. The cats are very safe inside and the roof and walls, are also insulated. It comes with two doors, so the cat can go wherever they want, whenever they want, to visit other places.
This is lightweight and easy to move from one place to another making it easier to find the perfect place for your cats. It is also not hard to assemble. However, there are no toys inside, and it is only made for one cat.
- It is made of polyester and is weather resistant.
- It has insulated roof and walls.
- It has two doors for easy access.
- It is lightweight and easy to move.
- There are no toys inside to keep your cats busy.
- It is only made for one cat.
The Petmate Kitty Kat Condo is a dome-shaped cat house that can help your cat in protecting themselves from getting cold during the winter season. It looks like a small igloo that can fit your cat perfectly. The hood can divert the rain away from the door, so you are not going to worry about the safety of your cats. They can stay dry and feel at home inside it.
The floor is carpeted and helps to insulate the house. This can help in keeping them warm when it is cold or raining outside. The cats will also enjoy scratching the carpeted floor. The whole cat house is made of plastic and is mold resistant. It does not rot and is durable enough for the needs of your cats.
The size of this condo is big enough to fit two medium-sized cats. The doorway is wide and can also be a great house during the summer season as the heat won’t stay inside. The only problem is that there are no secured doors and any stray animals can go inside it.
- The hood helps to divert the rain away from the doorway.
- It is made of plastic and is mold resistant.
- It comes with a carpeted floor to insulate the house.
- It is a great outdoor cat house for all seasons.
- There are no secured doors for your cats.
- It can be hard to secure the bottom and top area.
The Meowfa Premium Cat Bed Cave is popular among many cat owners because it is made with 100% merino wool. This is very thick and can keep cats warm during cold winter nights. This comes with a plush bedding that can give extra comfort to your cats and lets them relax as well. There is enough room to fit one to two cats, and they can snuggle inside.
It is a great choice for you to consider as it is sturdy enough to keep up with any season. This can last for years in the house and you can still use it as your cats start to grow older.
- It is made of wool that can keep your cats warm in winter season.
- It is big enough to accommodate one to two cats inside.
- This is durable enough for your cats’ needs.
- It is easy to carry and move around.
The Curious Cat House is among the favorites of many cat owners because of the different activities your cats can do in it. It comes with hanging jingle bells and plush toys that can keep your cats busy, and they will love to spend time playing inside it. It is recommended for active cats because of the available toys that they can use.
It comes with large openings that gives your cats easy access to their house. The plush bedding is soft and comfortable for your cats. This is very easy to assemble and you can unfold it anytime you want. This cat house is also lightweight, so you can set it up and move it around the house without any problems.
It is large enough to fit big cats and the look is may be very accommodating for your cats. However, this is not recommended for hyper and super active cats as they can easily break the toys. Also, it is not ideal to put this outside and use during the heavy winter season because the fleece cushion is on top of it.
- It comes with different toys that can keep your cats busy.
- It is lightweight, so you can carry it anywhere.
- It is easy to assemble and set up.
- The door is big enough to allow your cats to go in and out without hassle.
- The toys can break easily.
- The cushion is on top and is not recommended during heavy winter season.
The Petsfit 2-Storey Outdoor Cat House is very sturdy and is made of solid wood. It is a great option to consider for cat owners that are willing to spend extra bucks for the better accommodation of their outdoor cats. It is weatherproof and comes with a classic design that can complement any design of your house. It is made of quality cedar that won’t rot.
It has been tested by many cat owners and can last for two to three years. Setting up the house is not hard as there are pre-drilled holes, so you can assemble it in no-time. It looks like a premium cat house and you will love the overall design of it. This is big enough to fit your cats, and it is even recommended for large cats.
There is a flap in front that is made of vinyl, and it can help the cats in protecting them during the winter months. It is quite heavy, so make sure that you already have a place to put it around your house.
- It is durable and made of solid wood.
- It is very easy to set up and assemble.
- It can fit even large cats.
- It comes with a great design to fit your taste.
- The vinyl flaps out are not enough to protect large cats.
- It is quite heavy and may require a fixed spot in the house.
Important Points to Consider
We always thought that the fur of our cats can help in keeping them warm, but during extreme temperature, it is never enough. Cats are like mammals or humans, they are warm-blooded animals and can regulate their own body temperature. When they feel cold, they raise their muscle contraction, metabolism, and increase their heat production.
These mechanisms would require them to have more energy, but since they don’t have easy access on meals, they will have problems in keeping their energy levels high and there is a chance that they will starve themselves. With the right and best outdoor cat house, everything will be easier for you. To get started, make sure to consider the following points below.
- It is clean and dust-free: The silica that is used in the crystal cat litter is considered non-respirable and non-toxic. This does not create a single dust that can cause problems to your cats. If your cat is suffering from respiratory problems or allergies, then this would be a great option to consider. It also minimizes the growth of mold and bacteria in the litter box.
- It is hypoallergenic: When your cat has allergies, using clumping clays are not recommended. It comes with dust that can possibly trigger the allergies of your cats. Good thing, crystal cat litter are hypoallergenic and does not come with things that can irritate your cats.
- It is easy to handle: The crystal litter is often light and easy to handle. Clumping clays tend to be heavier and gives a hard time to most of the cat owners. With this feature, it can greatly help in maintaining the litter box easier and faster.
- It is a great absorbent: When you are scooping the feces of your cats, it can be messy, especially because of the urine and the water content of it. With the use of the crystal cat litter, you don’t have to worry anymore because it is a great absorbent. It is recommended for cat owners that will leave their cats alone for the whole day and don’t want to deal with a messy litter box later.
How to Help Outdoor Cats in Winter?
When winter season is nearing, it is very important to keep your animals healthy as a great preparation. You have to serve the right meals that can help them in getting the nutrition they need. Even wild cats may have a hard time in sustaining themselves and getting the food they need during this season.
Your cats may need to eat more when it is cold. If you are leaving some food out, make sure that it will not spoil easily, and that your cats can keep it in the extra space of their house. It is recommended to have dry cat foods as it won’t spoil easily, and you can serve it to your cats at any time of the day. Though there are other kitten owners that would consider heating up wet kitten food to serve to their cats.
If there are no available water sources near them, you can have a heated water bowl. Make sure that you are going to avoid using chemicals in melting the snow, as it can be toxic for your cats. It can also hurt their paws and cause scratches. Before you start your car during the cold weather, make sure to check your tires or any other area that some cats may hide under to find warmth.
The Round Up
From designs to features, there are a lot of things to check and keep in mind when buying the best outdoor cat house. It can be overwhelming, but you need to find one that best suits their needs. You can consider cat houses with toys to keep them busy but are also sturdy and is accommodating enough for your cats. You can get bigger ones if you have multiple cats at home.