Best Natural Cat Litter
Getting a cat isn’t cheap. It is a big responsibility. There are so many things that you need to prepare and one of those is their cat litter. Cleaning the mess of your cats is not something that you will look forward to. With that, it is best to choose carefully and consider the best natural cat litter on the market.
There are different brands of cat litter out there, but the cheapest is not always the best. Many cat owners are starting to change their beliefs and choose to get natural cat litter because it is healthier and safer for their cats. Natural cat litters are commonly made of plant-based ingredients or natural ingredients such as wheat, corn, and others. This is easier to dispose of and is ideal for the needs of your cats, especially for their kittens.
Organic and natural cat litters are great options to consider for you to ensure the health and safety of your cats. However, there is a lot of it available on the market which makes you think twice if this is really the best for you and your cat. We have reviewed some of the best natural cat litter. You can check them out below.
- Natural Cat Litter Comparison Table
- Cedarific Soft Cat Litter
- sWheat Scoop Fast-Clumping All-Natural Cat Litter
- World’s Best Cat Litter Clumping Formula
- Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh Cat Litter
- Feline Pine Cat Litter
- CatSpot Litter, 100% Coconut Cat Litter: All-Natural
- Healthy Pet Okocat Natural Wood Cat Litter
- Weruva It’s a Tea Potty! Cat Litter
- Important Points to Consider When Choosing
Natural Cat Litter Comparison Table
|Name||Dust Free||Clumping||Odor Control||Weight||Pricing|
|Cedarific Soft Cat Litter||Yes||N/A||Yes||15.65 lb||Click Here|
|sWheat Scoop Fast-Clumping All-Natural Cat Litter||N/A||Yes||Yes||25 lb||Click Here|
|CatSpot Litter, 100% Coconut Cat Litter: All-Natural||Yes||No||Yes||10 lb||Click Here|
|World’s Best Cat Litter Clumping Formula||Yes||Yes||Yes||28 lb||Click Here|
|Weruva It’s a Tea Potty! Cat Litter||Super Low Dust||Yes||Yes||11.7 lb||Click Here|
The Cedarific Soft Cat Litter is a biodegradable, all-natural, and compostable cat litter. This is made from hardwood and cedar chips. This is being produced by Northeastern Products which is known to be an innovator of pet litter and bedding that is currently based in America. This litter is a great choice for many consumers.
It is free from silica, dust, synthetic chemicals, and clay that can be harmful to your cats. This offers great odor control system and can manage to absorb the urine of your cats. It can easily make the litter box easier to clean and maintain.
When it comes to price and quality, this is an overall product that you can consider. It is very effective and offers all the benefits that you’d like to have from a cat litter. It also comes with great cedar aroma that can cover up the smell of your cat’s waste.
- It is easy to handle and is lightweight.
- It can last for a longer period.
- It helps maintain the litter box and makes it easier to clean.
- It is not flushable.
- Cedar chips can track around the house.
The sWheat Scoop Natural Cat Litter is popular to many cat owners. It is produced by Pet Care Systems that is known to be conscious of the environment and the health of your cats. They are currently based in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. As the name implies, this is made of 100% wheat.
It is biodegradable, and some cat owners can also flush this on the toilet. The starch content on the wheat can produce fast clumps and the enzymes can easily neutralize the odor. This greatly helps in cleaning and maintaining the litter box without problems.
The best thing about this is that it comes with low dust and is free from silica and clay. This is produced from sustainable resources and has been produced by a reliable brand on the market. There is also a different version that is recommended for a multiple cat household.
- It is made of 100% wheat.
- It is biodegradable and easily clumps.
- It is flushable and is easy to clean up.
- It can also help neutralize the odor.
- It does not absorb the moisture very well.
- It adheres to the bottom of the litter box.
There is no doubt that World’s Best is one of the most popular and respected brands when it comes to natural cat litter on the market today. The World’s Best Cat Litter Clumping Formula is made from whole kernel corns and it is safe for the environment. It is a common option considered by many cat owners.
This features a great odor control system that keeps away the smell of the litter box and helps you clean it up easily. It easily clumps, and you will not have problems in scooping it. It is also safe for your septic tank which means that it is flushable, making it easier for you to dispose of the waste of your cats.
It has been proven to be 99% dust free and is safe for most cats. Unlike the other cat litter, this is formulated for homes with one or two cats.
- It helps control the odor properly.
- It is safe for septic tanks and it is flushable.
- It is made for multi-cat homes.
- It easily clumps, and you won’t have problems in scooping it.
- The corn ingredients can attract bugs.
The Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh Cat Litter is a 100% all-natural and high-quality cat litter that is preferred by many consumers. This is made of walnut shells that are highly effective and absorbent. This is also highly recommended because it helps in neutralizing the odor of the litter box.
This litter is formulated to be completely dust-free and it won’t track around the house. This is soft and gentle on the paws of your cats, and they can easily be attracted to use the litter box because of the natural aroma that it offers. The brand also offers a different version of it that is ideal for multi-cats, for clumping, and for training. There are is also a pellet option that does not clump.
This product is biodegradable and is designed from sustainable resources. It is also made in the USA.
- It is 100% all-natural and is a premium quality cat litter.
- This is made of walnut shells.
- It is highly absorbent and effective.
- It is completely dust-free.
- It can be messy when it starts to break down.
- It is dusty according to most cat owners.
The Feline Pine Cat Litter is formulated to be free of chemicals and safe for your cats. It is 100% all natural and uses natural pine as the main ingredient. It is recognized as the best natural odor control cat litter as it greatly helps you to minimize the odor and avoid a great mess on the litter box.
It is a non-clumping cat litter that is made of natural ingredients. The customers are praising this product because of the benefits it offers. Most of them don't notice the smell while they are using this cat litter. This is also designed for the needs of multi-cat homes.
This product is known to offer zero dust and doesn’t track around the house. This can absorb the liquids easily, so you can just scoop it out of the litter box. There are no synthetic perfumes that can irritate cats and trigger possible allergies.
- It neutralizes strong odors.
- It is free of synthetic perfumes.
- It is highly absorbent and helps you maintain the litter box.
- It creates zero dust and doesn’t track around the house.
- Some cat owners think that it won’t work for them.
- It is not a clumping litter.
The CatSpot Litter Coconut Cat Litter is one of the unique cat litters on the market because it uses coconut as the main source. According to the brand, this product can have the same absorbency as 20 pounds of clay cat litter, which makes it efficient and appropriate for the needs of many consumers on the market.
This an all-natural cat litter that is non-clumping and do not come with chemicals that can cause problems to your house. There are zero chemicals and added fragrances, so it won’t trigger the allergies of your cats making it very safe for them. It can encourage cats to use the sifting litter box because of its natural aroma.
Also, this is a lightweight cat litter and won’t give problems to you at all. It is also made to be hypoallergenic which means that it comes with no dust that can cause asthma and other breathing problems to your cats and family members.
- The 5lbs of it works like 20lbs of clay litter.
- It is all-natural and is free from chemicals.
- There is no added fragrance and it is safe for your cats.
- It is lightweight and free from dust.
- It is a non-clumping cat litter. You may need to spend more time cleaning the litter box.
The Healthy Pet Okocat Natural Wood Cat Litter offers 7-day odor control for your litter box. We all know how the urine and waste of your cat smells, and it can totally linger around the house. The Healthy Pet Okocat Natural Wood Cat Litter has been formulated to help you with that problem. It gets rid of the smell and lets the litter box stay fresh and appealing to your cats.
It can absorb up to 500% of its weight, and it has superior clumping ability. It makes it easier for you to maintain the litter box and makes cleaning your cats’ wastes a breeze. You can scoop it and flush it on the toilet. This is also biodegradable and if you are an environment enthusiast then you can have a compost pit in the garden and throw it in there.
This is a natural wood cat litter that comes with soft ground pellets. This is designed to be soft and gentle on the paws of your cats.
- It offers a 7-day odor control.
- It is lightweight, biodegradable, and flushable.
- It has superior clumping ability.
- It is highly absorbent and can absorb up to 500% of its weight.
- It is not recommended for kittens.
- Some cat owners complain about it being dusty.
The Weruva It’s a Tea Potty! Cat Litter is one-of-a-kind natural cat litter that is highly recommended by many consumers. As the name implies, this cat litter is made of wood and green tea. Yes, it has superior natural odor control that gives a refreshing green tea aroma to your cats. The aroma can easily encourage them to use the litter box.
It is flushable and is very quick to clump. You can scoop it easily out of the litter box while having a great smell around the house. It comes with low dust content and it is free from grains or clay. There is no added corn, wheat, or soy.
This is also being marketed as a hypoallergenic product which makes it ideal for cats with sensitivities. The brand prides itself on only sourcing sustainable raw materials in producing this natural cat litter.
- It has a superior natural odor control.
- It is flushable and is very quick to clump.
- It comes with low dust content and is safe for cats with allergies.
- It is formulated by a trusted pet food manufacturer.
- It doesn’t absorb urine very well.
- There are cats that don’t like the texture of it on their paws.
Important Points to Consider When Choosing
We have different needs depending on the breed of our cats and their condition, but there are some qualities that can help us find the best natural cat litter for them. There can be several options available on the market and to have assurance, you can consider the following below:
- Odor control: Keeping the smell of your cats’ wastes under control is of utmost importance. According to ASPCA, the smell of their waste is the common reason cats are refusing to use the litter box and eventually leave a mess around the house. Having artificial scent is not a good solution since your family members may develop allergies from the smell.
- Good clumping: As a cat owner, we usually prefer clumping cat litters that can easily be scooped out from the litter box. It also helps control the odor of their wastes because it easily absorbs the urine and the wetness of the waste. This also requires less work for us as it makes it easier to clean the litter box and replace the contents. This also makes the litter box fresh and appealing to your cats.
- Low Dust: There are many cat owners that are having problems with clumping clay litter because it is producing a lot of dust. Your cats can become irritated by it and eventually develop allergies. It also creates a mess and can track around the house. Natural cat litter produces little to no dust.
- Size of Granules: Fine and coarse litters can be great depending on the preferences of your cats. Most cats like fine-textured litter that is softer on their paws. However, coarse litters may be more ideal if you have kittens in the house as they can inhale or swallow fine-textured litter.
- The Cost: Above all, clumping clay litters are a common choice for many cat owners because of the price. If you are planning to switch to natural cat litter, then you need to expect that it can be more expensive. Though, there are still many budget-friendly natural cat litter available for you to choose from.
How to Use Cat Litter
According to the cat litter guide of Petco, natural cat litters are great options compared to any other type of cat litter on the market. They are available in both non-clumping and clumping varieties and many companies are offering it to the market. The odor control of most products is also good and most of it is made have low dust content.
This type of litter is highly recommended over clay cat litter for the safety of your cats. Some kittens tend to eat the clay cat litter and can cause them digestive problems. The older cats won’t eat the litter, but they can still consume it by licking it on their paws.
Also, cat owners may like the best natural cat litter as it also helps the environment. Most of it is made from renewable materials such as wheat, pine, and corn. There are others that are made from recycled waste products like walnut shells and newspapers.
The Round Up
There are many options available but when you’re looking for the best natural cat litter, you need to be specific with the needs of your cats. You can check out the recommendations of other people, read more reviews, and possibly do a trial and error. This can give you more assurance on your next investment.