Best Hypoallergenic Cat Food
Some people are allergic to cats. Now as a cat lover and fur baby parent, I feel sorry for them and at the same time do not understand how they survive without interacting with these cute and puffy creatures. My cat is my life (after my husband and my little two boys). I bet you can relate and because of them, I created this best hypoallergenic cat food guide
Before we move on, for those allergic to cats but have an innate love for them, do not despair. There are ways you can have one without exciting your allergy. It will however require some bit of work on your end. Nonetheless, it is achievable.
Allergies to cats are common and can be treated easily with the help of the best cat food for skin allergies. It was designed to provide the needs of your cat and may come with limited ingredients that would make them healthy, and avoid developing allergies.
If your cat is indeed allergic to some food (even its best food), you will need to put your feline on a diet consisting of hypoallergenic cat food. This will help your feline to recover faster and also grow healthier. Hypoallergenic foods work by providing your cat with some relief to some of its allergies.
- Hypoallergenic Cat Food Comparison Table
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food
- BLUE for Cats Adult Dry Cat Food
- Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Cat Food
- IAMS Proactive Health Specialized Care Adult Dry Cat Food
- Instinct Original Grain Free Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food by Nature's Variety
- Blue Basics Limited Ingredient Duck And Potato Pate
- Hill’s Science Cat Food
- Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Hydrolyzed
- Halo Spot Stew Natural
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Salmon and Green Pea
- BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Indoor Grain Free Duck & Potato Dry Cat Food
- Purina Veterinary Diets Hypoallergenic Feline Formula
- Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain Free Recipe Natural Dry Dog Food
- Merrick Grain-Free Limited Ingredient Diet
- BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Adult
- BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Adult
- CANIDAE Grain Free Pure Limited Ingredient Diet Food
- Important Points to Consider
- Signs That Your Cat Has Food Allergy
- Frequent Cause Of Food Allergies
Hypoallergenic Cat Food Comparison Table
|Instinct Original Grain Free Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food by Nature's Variety||Salmon, Salmon Broth, Pork Liver, Ground Flaxseed, Montmorillonite Clay, Eggs, Peas||10.5%||7%||2%||Click Here|
|Blue Basics Limited Ingredient Duck And Potato Pate||Duck, Duck Broth, Peas, Potatoes, Natural Flavor, Carrots, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)||7.5%||6%||1.5%||Click Here|
|Hill’s Science Cat Food||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Pork Meal, Egg Product, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Liver Flavor||34.5%||22%||1.2%||Click Here|
|Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Hydrolyzed||Brewers rice, hydrolyzed soy protein, chicken fat, natural flavors, powdered cellulose, dried plain beet pulp, monocalcium phosphate||23%||18%||5.6%||Click Here|
|Halo Spot Stew Natural||Salmon, Eggs, Pea Protein, Trout, Oats, Pearled Barley, Vegetable Broth||32%||16%||5%||Click Here|
|Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Salmon and Green Pea||Green Peas, Salmon Meal, Salmon, Pea Protein, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate||30%||12%||4.5%||Click Here|
|BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Indoor Grain Free Duck & Potato Dry Cat Food||Deboned Whitefish, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Tapioca Starch, Peas, Pea Protein, Canola Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids)||30%||14%||6%||Click Here|
Celebrity Chef and TV personality Rachael Ray had taken the world of pet nutrition. She is famous for her knowledge when it comes to the right meals to prepare for pets, and because of that, she recently established Nutrish brand. They create specialized and well-formulated meals to help your cat.
When considering your cats’ allergies, the Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food is one of the first things that you should check out. It comes with real chicken and brown rice recipe. There are no poultry or byproducts added, fillers, or additives that may cause allergies to your cats.
There is no wheat, ground corns, and soy as well. It is a safe meal that would prevent your cats from getting allergies and at the same time, get the nutrients and vitamins to help them grow healthy. On top of that, it is being offered at a good price that fits your preferences and needs.
- It offers omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are essential for the growth and development of their skin.
- It is a complete meal that offers taurine and biotin for a better immune system.
- It comes with other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for a complete diet.
- It doesn’t use any harmful ingredients.
- There are cats that would not be interested in trying this meal.
- There are cases of cats losing weight because of this meal.
Many people have been recommending products that can help their cats’ needs and one of the first things to check out is the BLUE Indoor Hairball and Weight Control. It is a product that is being considered for cats in controlling their weight. Moreover, because of limited ingredients used and protein content, it is also ideal for cats that are experiencing allergic reactions.
It uses carefully chosen ingredients and focuses on using a single source of meat protein which includes salmon, chicken, and turkey. All with the combination of brown rice. This healthy wholesome grain is ideal to help your cat in digesting foods easily. There are also minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that are convenient for their needs.
The best thing about this product is that it is designed to help improve the digestion of your cat. This is important, so they can get the nutrients they need and avoid problems.
- It is a perfect formula that offers protein and fat for your cats.
- It fortifies their immune system and promotes overall good health.
- It comes with minerals and vitamins that come from vegetables and fruits.
- You may need to get a large bag.
Do you have kittens? They may need better meals, protection, and nutrients. That is why it is ideal if you can check out and use Hill’s Science Dry Cat Food Complete Health. The Hill’s Science Dry Cat Food Complete Health is a very effective cat diet that is essential for overall health of your cats. It is highly recommended for kittens as it offers everything they need for better growth and development.
The main source of protein used is chicken with the addition of fish to promote healthier nervous system and to strengthen their immune system. It would be easier to fight disease and avoid allergic reactions respectively. Unfortunately, you have to check the meal before you use it as it contains soy, gluten, and corn that can cause allergic reactions if your cat is very prone to allergies.
For a better option, you can ask your veterinarian if this is a good choice to give to your kitten. It is also formulated with the right amount of protein to keep them healthy.
- It comes with antioxidants from vegetables and fruits.
- It is a well-balanced diet for kittens.
- The main source of protein is chicken and fish.
- It promotes healthier nervous system.
- It comes with grain contents.
- There are cats that may develop allergies from fish and chicken combination.
If you are looking for a formula that completes the nutritional needs of your cats, then IAMS Proactive Health Specialized Care Adult Dry Cat Food can make it possible! It was specially formulated and manufactured for a well-balanced formula that is recommended for indoor cats.
If you have a cat would love to stay indoors and is not fond of exploring outside, then they may want to have meals that is necessary for the lifestyle. The kibbles are crunchy enough to be easily digested by your cats and it comes with better servings of fats, proteins, fiber, and moisture. It comes with natural ingredients that would be safe and ideal for the health of your cat.
This meal would surely make them satisfied! It is fortified with other minerals and nutrients including taurine, choline, carnitine and rosemary extract. It makes it easier for your cats to digest the nutrients, it promotes a healthier life, and helps achieve a well-balanced diet that they need.
- It offers other minerals and vitamins for the better health of your cats.
- It is made with all-natural ingredients.
- The kibbles are easily digestible and gentle for your cat’s stomach.
- It would be safe to use and does not cause allergies to cats.
- It is only made for indoor cats.
There are lots of benefits to feeding your cat on wet food. This is especially for those cats that do not drink water as they should. If you rarely adhere to the 8 glasses per day intake, you can relate to the effects such as being dehydrated. The only difference between humans and cats is that cats do not love water. But none the less, they need it.
Nature’s Variety Instinct Grain-Free Salmon Wet Food is one of the best hypoallergenic cat food that will reduce the allergic reactions and will help to hydrate your cat diet. While this cat food is not a limited ingredient product, it is worth noting that it features no wheat, soy or corn. Additionally, it is free of gluten and fillers. Given the fact that most cats have allergic reactions of corn based products, Instinct is a perfect choice in this regard. The food comes in lots of flavours, however flavour we recommend is salmon for cats that are allergic reactions to beef or poultry.
This Instinct flavour contains pork and salmon which cats love. While most foods have 40% of proteins, Instinct has focused solely on whole foods.
Most that have used this product before state that it is perfect for old cats that are struggling to digest food and adult cats with corn allergies. A friend once told me that he went through six different foods before he tried Instinct and the skin itchiness stopped
- Is great for hydration as well
- It is corn free
- Helps with digestion in elderly cats
- Is rich in whole foods and extracts protein from pork and salmon
- It is not as sweet
This is yet another best hypoallergenic cat food. It is also labelled as the best limited ingredient choice of wet foods for cats. This food is filler free and features no by-products. The sole protein source is duck, which is a healthy meat rarely featured in cat foods. Duck meat is the best choice for those trying to reduce allergic reactions in their cats.
This food product contains peas and potatoes rather than wheat for it carb source. Fish oil is added to the food and it works to improve and treat flaky and dry coats. Its consistency is easy and is great for sensitive digestive systems
- It is laced with fish oil, which soothes flaky skin
- Contains duck meat as the sole protein source
- Acquires carbs from peas and potatoes
- Features no corn, wheat, artificial flavour, preservative or colour
- Minimal amount in a single packaging
- Limited ingredients and thus reduced nutritional value
Hill’s Science is a company that has built a good and solid reputation for itself over the years. They provide quality cat food to cat parents. This particular cat food is designed for adult cats that have skin and stomach sensitivities. The egg and rice recipes are used precisely to help create a balanced diet. These two main ingredients will help to improve and restore the health of fur and skin in affected cats and will soothe sensitive digestive systems back to normalcy.
The cat food includes a perfect blend of omega 6 fatty acids along with other important nutrients. These help in the nourishment of the cat’s coat and skin. In addition the food has been proven by clinicians to contain antioxidants laced with Vitamins E and C which help to provide a healthy and solid immune system.
The food is easy to digest and feature no artificial flavouring or colours. Nonetheless, it is a flavourful as well as nutritious meal.
- Contains Vitamin E which improves the wellness of the skin
- Contains antioxidants
- Contains no artificial flavourings and includes fibre which aids in digestion
- Contains filler ingredients the likes of ingrown toenail
- Not best diet for kittens and pregnant cats
This product is highly recommended by many professional vets. It is made using hydrolysed and low weight protein designed to be easy on the cat’s digestive system. In addition to this this cat food contains omega 3 fatty acids which work to nourish the skin of your beloved feline and works to nurse the digestive tract back to its healthy state.
For the itchy skin and red bumps on the skin, the amino acids and vitamin B in the cat food will help to restore the skin barrier even when put under stress. This hypoallergenic cat food is designed to be a source of protein and carbohydrates, rice starch and soy proteins respectively.
Last but not least, the food contains Chelated minerals which improve absorbability into the cat’s system.
- Chelated minerals, which increase their absorption into the cat’s body
- Contains Omega 3 fatty acids which are perfect for healthy skin
- Amino acids and vitamins also aid in improving skin health
- Provides both proteins and carbs thereby reducing risks of triggering allergic reactions
- Lacks animal protein
Cats that are suffering from sensitivities may need extra care. We won’t be able to easily notice, but they can already experience itchiness on their skin and it can get worse. With Halo Spot’s Stew Natural Cat Food, it is easier to achieve a complete and balanced meal that they would need for their growth and development.
The Halo Spot’s Stew Natural Cat Food would not come with any fillers and promotes healthier digestion. They even use the tagline, “the proof is in the poop”. The main purpose of this product is to help digestion and let the cat have the right level of nutrients and protein they need.
- It is made with real whole fish.
- It promotes healthy digestion of your cats to avoid the potential risk of sensitivities.
- There are no artificial flavorings and colors added.
- It helps to offer everything that your cat would need.
- The kibbles can be small for some cat to digest.
Dry cat foods would be able to help your cat in digesting nutrients a lot easier. One of the highly rated product on the market that you can try out is the Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet for Adult Cats. It is known for the quality of results it could offer and is ideal for cats that are experiencing allergies or sensitivities.
It comes with limited ingredients that would control the allergic reaction of your cats. It was made without any artificial flavors and additives that can be harmful to your cats. It contains quality duck meat as the main source of protein and it doesn’t have grains as well.
It offers natural flavorings that can be appetizing to your cats. This is a safe meal and was tested to meet the standards of the quality needed by your cat.
- Reduced chances of developing allergies due to limited ingredients
- Provides a single carbs and protein source
- Contains salmon and peas as its source of nutrition
- It is regularly tested to comply with safety and quality standards.
- It is grain free, some cats may not like
One of the most common problems for cat owners is the sensitive stomach of their cats. That’s why it can be convenient to get and choose a diet formula that would let their stomach have lesser work in digesting food. The BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Grain Free Formula can be a great option that you could check out with regards to your cat’s sensitive stomach.
This was specially formulated to be digested easily by cats and is good for their stomach. It contains supplements that would help in fortifying the skin of your cats and resulting in shinier and healthier coats. It is packed with everything that your cat would need.
Most cats have allergic reactions to poultry. As such if your cat displays allergic reactions, the best place to start is by getting rid of the chicken and narrow down the food culprits from there. Most cat parents maintain that this cat food reduces hairballs and vomit which improves the coat’s shine.
It comes with antioxidants that are important in avoiding the risk of different diseases and promote stronger immunity for your cats. There would be no allergenic ingredients added, so it is safe for your cats to use. However, because of the quality and undeniable good results, it comes with a very expensive price tag.
- It is a limited ingredient food
- Has whitefish as its sole protein source
- Doesn’t contain eggs, dairy and grain products
- Contains pumpkins which helps in digestion
- The ingredients are carefully chosen to make sure that your cats would not have allergies to it.
- Some cats do not love its taste
Allergies to cats may happen anytime, and it can be troublesome. There are cat owners that would prefer to try specialized formulas in order to determine the main cause of their cat’s allergy. If you want to be more assured of the results and avoid allergies on your cats, then you can check out Purina PRO Plan Veterinary Diets.
This formula is designed to be easily digested and soft enough for your cat’s stomach. It uses chicken liver, rice starch, and different kinds of oils on their main ingredient lists. It can help in managing a sensitive stomach and could avoid allergies easily. It also comes with nutrients and vitamins to complete your cat’s diet.
This cat food is made with a carbohydrate source that won’t cause allergies to your cats. However, there are meticulous eaters that can still have a hard time with this. You must be careful though, and it is best to ask your veterinarians for better options and advise on what you should consider.
- It is made with ingredients that are safe for your cats.
- It reduces vomiting and occurrence of allergic reactions.
- It offers complete vitamins and nutrients for the needs of your cats.
- It comes with essential oils to complete your cat’s diet.
- It causes diarrhea in some cats.
- Picky cats would not like the taste of this.
Nature’s Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet is a good option to consider if your cat is suffering from allergies. It comes with limited ingredients that would be able to help in maintaining and reaching the nutrients level that your cat would require.
There are different meals that are associated with this, and you are free to choose the one best suits your needs. The kibbles are easily digestible, so it would be easier for your cat to get the nutrients out of it. The meal would have a rabbit as the primary source of protein and it is recommended for cats of all ages.
It is being offered in different flavors such as lamb, turkey, duck, pork, and rabbit. It focuses on using one animal protein, so you’ll be assured of the nutrients that your cat would get. It is also grain-free and gluten-free which promotes an overall balanced nutrition.
- It uses only one animal protein for premium results.
- It is very safe and essential, so your cat would get what they need.
- This is flavorful and would attract your cats.
- The kibbles are small enough to be digested by cats of all ages.
- It comes with plant protein.
- It causes diarrhea to some cats.
Checking out different pet care companies can be overwhelming. All of them would claim to offer the best and right nutritional meal for your cats. Good thing, you just have to know more about their products and get started. Another diet meal on our list comes from a reliable company that has been trusted by many consumers over the years.
Merrick Grain-Free Limited Ingredient Diet uses a single source animal protein to ensure the best quality of results from their meals. It uses real deboned turkey that is ideal for cats that have a sensitive stomach or having allergies. There would be no fish added to their recipes, which can easily avoid the risk of getting sick.
There are no gluten and grains added, so you can be assured that your cat would be able to digest the meal easily. This is convenient and would help in promoting a healthier skin or fur of your cats as well. It is highly recommended by many veterinarians and can be ideal for your needs.
- It uses deboned turkey as the main ingredient.
- There are no grains and gluten added for better digestion.
- It is recommended by many veterinarians out there.
- It is created for the specific needs of cats with a sensitive stomach.
- There are cats that don’t like the taste of this.
- The smell is unpleasant for some cats.
Blue Buffalo is among the best companies with regards to constrained fixing diet. It is a company that was trusted by many consumers in providing specialized meals for their cats, especially for those suffering from skin allergies.
One of the best recipes that they have is the BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet for Adults. This meal is formulated to help cats in getting enough protein from a single source. It comes with natural ingredients that could promote a balanced and healthier lifestyle for your cats.
It is being offered with additional plant ingredients such as pumpkins and pea fiber. These are responsible for promoting healthy digestion on your cats. The meal would also come with omega-6 fatty acids that are helpful in maintaining healthier and shinier coats.
- It does not come with chicken and there are no grains added.
- It uses single animal protein source – duck.
- It comes with plant ingredients such as pea fiber and pumpkins.
- It is a complete meal to fit the requirement level of your cats.
- This is only recommended for adult cats.
Cats are naturally carnivorous and may need a high level of protein to survive. They are eating raw meats in the wild, and this is the main reason why it is recommended to try a diet that was inspired by their natural habitat. The Blue Buffalo Nature Evolutionary Diet for Adults let them taste what they usually have in the wild, which makes it an ideal option for many cat owners today.
It is designed with vegetable, fruits and a single source of protein to offer the quality nutrients that your cat needs. The vegetables used include sweet potatoes that are responsible for providing complex carbs for a better digestive system. Other ingredients added on this includes cranberries and blueberries.
It doesn’t come with any additives that might irritate your cats such as wheat, soy, and corn. There are no colorings or artificial ingredients added to ensure the best results and quality of nutrition for your cat.
- It is a healthy and reliable source of carbs.
- It is free from grains and other additives.
- It comes with additional antioxidants from fruits.
- It uses duck as the main source of protein.
- The packaging can be different or may vary.
- There are cats that would not like vegetables and fruits.
Many people have been talking about numerous limited ingredient diet meals that would be perfect for their cats, and if you are looking for the most reliable, then you would like to check out the one made by Canidae. It is best known to be a reliable source of protein for cats of all ages.
The product does not come with grains which makes it efficient in promoting overall development and healthy growth of your cats. The ingredients used are simple and something different from our list! The main source of animal protein from this product is Cod Morsels. It can be a new taste that your cat would love to try.
It is a premium ingredient that offers quality protein that your cat needs for their overall health. It promotes better digestion and is recommended for cats that have a sensitive stomach or can easily develop allergies from the normal cat foods out there.
- It offers a new great taste that your cats would love.
- It is being offered with a variety of recipes that you can try out.
- It doesn’t come with grains and easily digestible.
- It was designed to help cats with sensitivities.
- There are some cats that would not taste the food.
- Other cats would reportedly have allergies from fish content.
Important Points to Consider
There are many companies that manufacture cat foods with special formulas depending on the condition of your cat. For better assurance on the best dry cat food for allergies that you will purchase, there are several things that you have to look for and be familiar with.
- Ingredients added - There could be different kinds of ingredients that many cat food manufacturers would consider in formulating a meal that best suits your needs. The best way in checking it is to spend time in running a short background check if you are unfamiliar with some of the ingredients on the list.
- The Source of Protein - If you will ask for the recommendations of veterinarians, they would surely let you focus on the source of protein added to the meal. This would make a huge difference and would offer better nutrients for your cats. But you may also need to be careful since cats that are suffering from kidney disease may require fewer protein meals.
- Artificial Ingredients - Synthetic chemicals and artificial ingredients are commonly added as fillers to complete the ingredient list of a meal, and it can be harmful to your cat. You should check out the full list of ingredients and avoid one that may have artificial ingredients.
- Safety - Lastly, you have to check the overall credibility of the food before serving it to your cats. You can check the quality and recommendations of other people who have tried and used the products.
Signs That Your Cat Has Food Allergy
Seeing that you are a concerned cat parent, it will be easy for you to pick up on these symptoms of cat allergies. These signs include:
- Ear infection
- Abnormal scaling
- Smelly fur
- Red bumps on your feline’s body
- Loss of hair
- Self-inflicted wounds courtesy of constant and severe itching and scratching
There are some cats that may develop gastrointestinal problems including diarrhoea and vomiting. While this could happen to your cat, it is not common. As a matter of fact, this particular symptom is said to occur in about 10-15% of all cats that suffer allergies.
Now, in the event you notice two or more signs on your cat, it could be as a result of a sequence response meaning the situation is dire and your cat is in utter discomfort. When your cat suffers an allergic reaction, histamine is produce in the body. This causes an itching sensation and could result in red bumps appearing on the skin after some constant scratching. Continued scratching on the skin further leads to appearance of lesions, sores and other skin injuries. These injuries lead to hair damage and loss and the skin might develop an awful smell from the injuries and open wounds.
The cycle is endless and could get your cat weak and helpless in a short while. If the signs are well advanced, it is important that you call in a professional vet before you start feeding your cat hypoallergenic food. Treat your cat of the symptoms before you start preventative measures.
Frequent Cause Of Food Allergies
There is an endless list of products that cause allergies in cats. We cannot possibly go through them all in one seating. What I can do, however, is provide you with a list of some of the common food culprits.
While synthetic colour makes food appealing to most cats, your feline inclusive, it could very well be the cause of your cat’s allergic reactions. Some of the unnatural dyes tend to provide a colourful meal. But that is as far as they go to providing your cat with anything of value. The stomach upset that follows and smelly gas is too much for your cat to handle.
Yes it is true that some cats are lactose intolerant, adult cats especially. Serving these cats with dairy products can prove to be fatal. While daily products are a rich source of calcium which is great for teeth and bones, it is equally important to read the list of ingredients to avoid picking a product rich in allergens.
Corm items are used as meat fillers to cat food. Most cats develop allergies when fed food mixed with corn or any substance remotely related. For corn free foods, you should prefer Ideal Balance Natural Chicken and Brown Rice Cat Food and Instinct Original Dry Cat Food.
These by products are the components of meat that we humans cannot stand eating. These discarded meat products are less nutritious. The skin pieces tend to have reduced dietary benefits compared to pure meat.
Some cat foods contain preservatives to help increase their shelf life. Vets say that some of these preservatives may include carcinogens which may lead to cat allergies.
This hit me hard. My cat loves fish. It is as such sad to realise that it is a common allergy causing food. But instead of deleting it from my cat’s diet altogether, I decided to remain attentive and pay a close eye on my cat when I feed it fish food. I couldn’t bear denying my cat the one food it seems to love so much.
Truth be told, choosing the best hypoallergenic cat food for your feline depends on some of the signs your cat portrays. To help you in choosing the best hypoallergenic cat food, below are some factors that you should bear in mind.
Consult your Vet
The first thing you should do even before you embark on a search for the best hypoallergenic food is consult your vet. Why is this? Well, for starters, before you can embark on protective measures, you will need to deal with the existing symptoms that helped you determine your cat was having allergic reactions. Only a professional can provide you with the best solution and medication for your feline. And if you are like me, you only want the best. As such, over the counter medication in this case are out of the question.
A professional vet will provide you with the best prescription to ensure you have an easy time healing your cat and selecting the best hypoallergenic cat food.
Hydrolysed protein prepared cat foods is the best selection if you notice your cat developing allergic reactions. On this combination the proteins have been divided to prevent the installation of a possible allergic reaction.
Avoid Common Allergic Causing Ingredients
As mentioned above, the list of foods and ingredients that trigger allergic reactions in cats is endless and varies from cat to cat. However, the least you can do is avoid the above mentioned foods and ingredients in the best hypoallergenic cat food you choose.
The best kibble to give your cat is that which has been passed through high temperature. Why is it ideal? Well, protein at high temperature is broken down. This makes the protein (possible allergen) to go through the digestive system without being noticed. This can potentially avoid a protein induced allergic reaction.
It is imperative that you choose foods that are low in carbs. Excessive carb intake could be a cause for your cat’s allergic reaction. Foods with lower carbs tend to disturb the stomach less. The suggested carb amount in cat foods is about 6% of the entire food component.
The Round Up
Now, if you have noticed your cat rubbing against a cardboard all too often of late, then there are high chances that this is not because it enjoys doing so but rather, it is trying to get some relief from all the itch. If this is your cat, then it is imperative that you get your cat some hypoallergenic cat food.
When all is said and done, it is imperative that you work hand in hand with a vet to determine the best hypoallergenic food for your feline. You will have to perform a food trial to get one that works best. Most of the foods listed above will require a prescription to purchase, but you can always get them online and save some cash in the process. Once you determine what you’re at is allergic to, you do not need to continue with the expensive hypoallergenic diet. Just curate the diet avoiding the particular food causing your cat problems.