Best Grain Free Canned Cat Food
For both cats and dogs, grain-free meals are starting to be popular and is a great option to consider because it can be ideal for their needs. Pet food companies are creating meals that are labeled “grain-free” which can make you curious whether your cat needs it or not. So, before you research and look for the best grain-free canned cat food, make sure to fully understand the purpose of it.
Grain-free cat foods are commonly considered by cat owners that are looking for meals that are gentle and tender for the digestive system of their cats. Cats can be prone to different sensitivities and eating grains can trigger their allergies and other health conditions. As much as possible, many cat owners avoid this ingredient to lessen their problems and let their cat stay healthy.
According to Pet Coach, grains can be considered as a common allergen to cats and if you are going to avoid this ingredient, it would be easier for your cats to digest their meals and may not develop further allergies. Most of the average cats don’t require to have grain-free meals, but if they have sensitivities or you’d like to let them stay healthy, then they can benefit from it.
Grain-free meals do not mean that you are not giving carbs to your cats. There are different recipes and formulas available on the market that still has the proper carb content despite being grain-free. What’s important is that you choose the best meal that can fit the overall needs of your cat. Choose the best grain-free canned cat food and be assured that you’re serving the right meal to your cats.
- Grain Free Canned Cat Food Comparison Table
- Weruva Grain-Free Canned Wet Cat Food
- Purina Pro Plan True Nature Grain-Free Formula
- Nature's Recipe Grain Free Wet Cat Food
- Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food
- Instinct Grain-Free Recipe Chicken Formula
- EVO Cat Duck Wet Food
- Purina Beyond Grain Free Adult Wet Cat Food
- Important Points to Consider
Grain Free Canned Cat Food Comparison Table
The Weruva Classic Grain-Free Cat Food features skinless white breast meat chicken as the main ingredient. It is a complete meal that has high protein content, but with low fat and carb content. This is a well-balanced and natural meal that you can serve to your cats. It is healthy and is considered by many cat owners today.
The manufacturing company is family owned for over 10 years and gives extra assurance that the meals are made from the human-food facility. It passed superior safety quality control and safety standards.
The Purina Pro Plan True Nature Grain-Free Formula is a great recipe that is essential for adult cats. If you are in doubt of giving shrimps to cats or any other seafood, then you can use this formula as an alternative. This comes with a great flavor that will surely fit the preferences of your cats.
It is manufactured under strict quality control and gives assurance to cat owners. It is a complete meal that will not require other supplements for your cats, and the ingredients are safe even for your kittens.
Nature’s Recipe Grain-Free Cat Food is one of the best grain-free canned cat food that you can offer to your cats. It uses chicken as the main ingredient and it comes with a long list of nutritious and high-quality ingredients that you need for your cats. It is safe and essential for all adult cats, especially to your Maine coon cats.
There is no wheat, corn, or soy added, and there are also no preservatives and artificial flavors to worry about. It has extra minerals, vitamins, and nutrients to complete the needs of your cat. Chicken liver is used as a supplementary source of protein and as a key nutrient.
It comes with sunflower oil that offers Omega-6 fatty acids which maintains the health of the skin and coat of your cats. Although it does not come with chelated minerals that would make it a perfect dish, it is still considered a balanced and nutritional diet for cats.
The Wellness CORE Classic Pate Grain-Free Cat Food is surely a healthy and nutritional choice for your cats. It comes with high-quality proteins to have a balanced diet that your cat needs. It is healthy and is considered by many cat owners because of the known benefits and positive feedback from other consumers.
It is rich with nutrients from turkey, chicken, cranberries, peas and has low calorie content that is essential in helping indoor cats in maintaining and achieving a healthy weight. Most indoor cats may have problems because of lack of activities. They are prone to obesity and may need the right meal to avoid this kind of problem.
All the ingredients used are natural and there are no artificial flavors, by-products, or artificial colors added. Wellness is a popular brand and is known for following strict quality control on their products.
The Instinct Grain-Free Recipe Chicken Formula is a great recipe that is similar to the natural diet of your cats. It comes with all-natural ingredients that your cat needs and it is also high in protein which is essential for the overall growth and development of your cats and the maintenance of leaner muscles.
This meal does not have gluten and grains to worry about. It is a well-balanced diet that comes with wholesome food and features real meat, healthy fibers, and poultry. The ingredients used include cage-free chicken, chicken liver, and turkey. There are 5% added fruits and vegetables to keep a proper balance on the diet and nutrients of your cats.
This is a highly digestible meal that comes with pâté texture, so it is tender for the stomach of your cats. With this meal, your cats won’t have problems getting the nutrients that they need. It is made in the USA and claims to use the finest ingredients available.
The EVO food company is known because of their quality meals that are similar to the ancestral diet of cats. The EVO Cat Duck Wet Food comes with high level of protein that is essential for the growth of your cats and it has low carbs. It is naturally grain-free and there are no artificial flavors added to worry about.
This is a limited ingredient diet that helps your cat to avoid different allergies. It is a perfect meal that can help stabilize cats with low white blood cell count. It comes with 95% animal protein that is essential for all adult cats.
This meal uses duck as the main ingredient which makes it stand out on our list. The duck comes with a delicious gravy sauce that is highly digestible and recommended for cats that have a sensitive stomach.
Looking for a change of flavor? The Purina Beyond Natural Adult Grain-Free Cat Food offers great ocean taste that can fit the needs of your cat and offer a change in their common diet. This meal features real ocean whitefish as the main ingredient with added wholesome vegetables that results to a perfect recipe!
It is a well-balanced diet that does not come with grains and any other ingredient that can cause problems to your cats. It helps cats that are shedding, and also promote proper development to others. This is easily digestible and can avoid the formation of hairballs on the digestive system of your cats.
The phosphorous level is controlled and can reduce the risk of kidney disease. This meal does not come with wheat, soy, and corn, but can make your cat addicted to it!
Important Points to Consider
Switching to a grain-free diet would not be as easy as you think. It is a challenge to find the best grain-free canned cat food, and you need to have assurance with your purchase. To easily get started, you can keep in mind the following points below.
- Main ingredients used: The ingredients used in the meals should be healthy and should come with the level of nutrients that your cat needs. There should be an animal protein source, and other supplements included to have a balanced diet for your cats’ overall health and well-being.
- Grain-free label: It is easy to recognize meals that has proper labels. You need to read and check the label to make sure that it is a grain-free meal. You should also spend time in understanding other ingredients added to avoid meals that has added by-products.
- Moisture content: For faster digestion, and to help your cats with their digestive health, the moisture content plays a bigger role. Wet canned food has enough moisture that helps your cats with proper digestion and keeps them hydrated.
- Price: Wet canned foods are already pricey compared to dry cat foods, and it is important that you choose one that can fit your budget without risking your cats’ health. Also, make sure to avoid those that come with cheap ingredients.
- Past Recalls: It is important for you to check if the meal has records of past recalls. This ensures the safety and quality of the meal that you’re going to purchase. You can check the background of the pet manufacturing companies like Acana and Orijen cat food, and any other popular brands on the market to know if they have history of past recalls.
Why Choose this Diet?
With so many cat owners looking for the best grain-free canned cat food, you’ll wonder about the possible reasons behind their decision. Grain-free meals are essential for your cats, and it can be a great choice to consider. To know more about it, check the following things below:
- Reducing allergies: Many cats are prone to develop different allergies and may have a hard time with their digestion. With grain-free diet, it is easier to reduce the risk of allergies and make a big difference in their overall health and wellness. Your cats will be happier, more energetic, and healthier.
- Easy pet care: When their meals do not have grains, then there will be less visits to their vets, fewer treatment expenses and it is easier to take care of your cats. You can be assured that they are healthy and can enjoy staying with you for a longer time.
- Longer Lifespan: If your cats are having food that they can digest easily, then it is easier for them to get the nutrients that come with it. This means that they can stay healthy and have a longer lifespan. They should be able to live healthy and happy.
Food Allergies of Cats
Knowing the food allergies of your cats is highly required to keep them healthy. It can be difficult to determine at times, and you need to find the perfect meal that complements their condition. You have to pay attention to their common activities and make sure to take note if they have itchy skin, keeps on following you around for nothing, are vomiting, and are bloated.
Those symptoms can be a sign that they have allergies or sensitives with their current meal and may need a change. If you are suspecting that they have allergies and you don’t know what ingredient is triggering it, it is best to have a test or a trial and error process to determine it.
You can ask your veterinarian for the perfect meal that you can consider, or you may opt to look for a limited ingredient diet. You can explore new ingredients and find one that’s best for the taste and health of your cats.
The Round Up
While there are many options available, there is only one best grain-free canned cat food for your cat. They have different needs and preferences, so be careful and consider everything while choosing one. It is ideal to spend time in reading the labels and be knowledgeable with the ingredients added and the things that you need to expect.