Best Cat Tower and Condo Reviews
You have probably played Neko Atsume long enough to wonder if real life cats truly adored cat towers and cat condos the way those virtual cats do. To answer simply: yes they do! You just have to find the best cat tower that your feline best friend would enjoy. See, there are a lot of different cat furnitures that cater to different cat preferences.
Cat guru Tony Buffington has explained cat idiosyncrasies in a talk (e.g. why they lounge in the house’s highest spot), so now all we have to do is narrow down our best condo reviews to help you find one that suits your pet’s unique needs and preferences.
- 1 What to look for when buying a Cat Condo?
- 2 Top 8 Condos for Your Kitty to Buy
- 2.1 1. Molly and Friends Pinnacle 86 in. Cat Tree
- 2.2 2. PetFusion Modern Cat Activity Tree & Scratching Post
- 2.3 3. The Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower
- 2.4 4. Bowsers Cat Tower - Cool Hues
- 2.5 5. New Cat Condos Premier 6' Cat Tower
- 2.6 6. IRIS 6-Tier Cat Tree Condo
- 2.7 7. TRIXIE Pet Products Baza Grande Cat Tower, Cream
- 2.8 8. TRIXIE Pet Products Miguel Fold and Store Cat Tower
- 2.9 Different Types of Cat Towers
What to look for when buying a Cat Condo?
The frustration that comes when your cats ignore the piece of furniture you were so excited to bring home is real and biting, maybe you got them the best cat tree (read our reviews if not) and they hated it! To avoid such waste and heartbreak, here are some things you should consider when buying a cat condo.
- Height: Generally, cats like to be in a tall spot, but there are some cats that actually have fear of heights. You know your cat very well, so if you are able to observe where they usually hang out at home, you will have an easy time deciding whether you need a tall cat condo or a shorter one.
- Comfort: Cats love to lounge and nap in comfy places, so look for a cat condo that has cushioned hammocks and beds 3. Activities offered: Cat condos are supposed to be wonderlands where your cat could enjoy doing a multitude of things. So if you are to buy one tower, go for a furniture that also doubles as scratching pads, comfy beds, exercise hubs, and also stimulates your cat's mental health.
Top 8 Condos for Your Kitty to Buy
This cat tower by Molly and Friends could easily accommodate more than 5 medium-sized cats all at the same time! At 86 inches tall, this will surely satisfy the scouting cat who always loves to be on the highest spot in the house. The Molly and Friends Pinnacle is also made of carpet and sisal rope, making it a good scratching post aside from a cat tower.
With two condos and four comfy cradles in varying heights, your cat will never run out of lounging choices. The topmost bunk is a tunnel bed, cozy enough to lull your fur baby to sleep deep in the night.
This tall tower has been made with a secure base that ensures it will not tip off even if heartily played on or jumped at by your bigger cats. The rope and carpet material used are also sturdy enough to stand the test of time. With proper cleaning and maintenance, this cat tree would easily outlive generations of felines.
This 30-inch-tall cat scratching post also provides two spacious beds where your cats could lounge and nap all day. It is also stimulating given that the topmost bunk is easily accessible with one big leap from the floor. It even comes in a stylish and modern color combination – white and brown – visually pleasing both to cats and their owners.
One more thing: the PetFusion Modern Cat Activity Tree & Scratching Post comes with a free catnip spray. For those who have tried catnip, you know how this magic works, as also explained by cat care specialist veterinarian Ramona Turner here.
The catnip spray is a nice touch that guarantees that your cats will enjoy playing and scratching this furniture for hours on end. It is a good and healthy way to get them occupied and scratching on the post instead of on all your other furniture and curtains
One of the most luxurious and best cat towers is this Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower. It takes one look to realize that this one’s luxury cat furniture since it comes in a rich brown color that complements most homes. You would definitely love having this on display in the living room, since it has that elegant aura.
Also, it is a hit for most cats because it has five levels of varying heights, which provides a multitude of options for your cat to where it wants to lounge, sleep, stretch, and scratch for the day. There is a cushioned cubby hole in the lowest level, ideal for cats who love to sleep close to the ground.
Cat behavioural expert Marilyn Krieger explains in this article why multi-tier condos like the Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower appeal to cats. It stands very tall but is secured at the base and balanced all the way through.
4. Bowsers Cat Tower - Cool Hues
Making it to our list of best condo reviews is the Bowsers Cat Tower – Cool Hues. Cats may have different preferences and idiosyncrasies, but one thing they all have in common is their love for boxes. Veterinarian Claudia Vinke of the Utrecht University explains this behaviour in a study, concluding that boxes help in cats’ stress reduction.
What’s better than a cozy box in the eye of our fur babies? Well, how about a cat tower that is basically a tall stack of boxes varying in sizes? Our cats would flip!!! Luckily, that is exactly what the Bowsers Cat Tower is. It even comes in cool colors that are attractive at first sight!
The five solid wood cubes containing various colors and holes could be arranged as you wish, but they vary in size so it is logical to put the largest cube in the lowest level to avoid imbalance of the cubes!
The best cat tower is one that provides physically stimulating exercises as well as a comfortable place for your fur baby to doze off. New Cat Condos Premier Cat Tower is exactly that. At six feet tall, it offers a multitude of activities your cat will surely enjoy whenever it is feeling lazy and rest-y and even when it is feeling frisky and adventurous.
At six feet tall and with four varying levels, this cat condo ensures every cat’s personal space remains un-invaded, even in households where there is more than one cat. It is made of wood, carpet, and sisal ropes that could withstand your cat’s manic scratching and biting, which by the way is perfectly normal, as proved by proved by Harvard-educated trainer Mieshelle Nagelschneider.
It comes in various colors for you to choose for, so no more sacrificing the aesthetic of your home just for a cat tower your cat will love. Cleaning this cat tower is also a no-brainer since you can both vacuum and dry clean it.
Six-tier cat condos make for good and interesting cat furniture for two main reasons: the height makes it so that the uppermost level is the highest spot in the house, which cats really love, and it usually offers a multitude of other activities that will keep your cat occupied and entertained. With the IRIS 6-tier cat tree condo, both of these reasons are achieved.
There is a total of 8 scratching posts, 4 cubby hideouts, one dangling rope for a swing, more than 10 perching spots, and countless tunnels and holes that could stimulate your cat physically, mentally, and even visually. This can hold your feline’s attention for longer hours particularly because there are so many things they can do in here.
A little spray of catnip to seal the deal will guarantee limitless hours of fun and peace for your cat. No more scratches on the sofa bite marks on the curtains – only a cat wonderland where there are no unsatisfied cats and unnoticed toys.
If your cat’s one of the adorable ones that do not enjoy being in the highest spot in the room, you might want the TRIXIE Pet Grande Cat Tower since it’s not very tall but still offers all the comfort and entertainment as most trees in this best condo reviews list.
There are six short scratch posts in this cat tower where your kitties could sharpen their claws and fangs. When they get tired, the hammock and the cubby are always welcoming for a good cat nap. Most of the surfaces and the lounge are covered in fleece, so ultimate comfort is guaranteed for your soft kitties.
Do not be fooled by this cat tower's cute and cuddly feel, though, because it is very sturdy! Two very healthy cats can even cuddle up against each other in the hammock and it will not buckle under the combined weight!
Another cat condo that is perfect for those who do not have much space is the TRIXIE Pet Products Miguel Fold and Store Cat Tower. Unlike other cat towers that take eons to assemble and this assemble, it only takes one folding and unfolding action to make it stand and to tuck it away.
It has two layers – the lower bunk serves as a hideout bed while the surface on top is a lookout. Other added parts are the cat teaser toys and the sisal rope-made scratching pad which helps keep your cat’s claws and teeth in perfect shape.
A commendable feature of this cat tower is its balance since the cross function keeps it stable. This means that even the healthiest of felines could sit atop and the tower would not lose its balance.
Different Types of Cat Towers
If you have tried multiple cat towers but still fail to capture the affection of your fur babies, you might just be getting the wrong kind! Try to mix it up a bit and understand that what worked on other cats may not always interest your own unique friend. Here are some types you could try:
- Multi-tier cat towers: Some cat towers stand as tall as six or seven feet and offer a good number of activity and exercise options. These are ideal for households that have more than one cat.
- Luxury cat towers: Intricately styled and visually pleasing to the eye, luxury cat towers appeal to the sensibilities of some cats simply because of their elegance. If your felines seem not to respond to carpets and sisal ropes, it could be that they prefer harder surfaces like wood and plastic.
- Natural log cat towers: Some cat towers are made up from actual barks and logs, and this type appeals to most outdoor cats since it simulates the feel of actual trees, hence it provides better sensation as scratch pads.
- Box stacks: Cats who do not respond to usual condos and towers might just fall for the oldest trick in the book – cubes. Stacked cubes make wonderful cat towers too since they provide stress relief and the option for cats to traverse tunnels.
Cats are finicky beings, so sometimes the only way to find out the furniture it would love and respond to is to try a few ones. It may be expensive and tiring, but, let's face it, what wouldn't we do for our lovely little cat best friends?